[pct-l] SIERRA SNOW REPORT

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Fri Dec 31 05:23:01 CST 2010

Hi gang,
Got back, a few days ago, from a week of skiing in the Sierra at Mammoth
Mountain....I thought I was in ''Heaven''. There are tons of snow in the
Sierra.
I have been skiing the Sierra for many years and this is the most snow I
have seen this early in the season.
Mammoth Mountain has received a record 215 inches of snow in December
alone and more is on the way.
Its current base is 11-18 feet and it is only the beginning of the season.
Nobody can predict what the rest of the season will be like, but my gut
feeling is this will be a way above norm season, so listen to Ken and
Ned and prepare by taking Ned's snow course.....it won't hurt you but it
could save your life.

JMT Reinhold