[pct-l] REI

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 3 21:09:57 CST 2010

I don't like going to REI anymore.  They used to have a nice store over in Carson CA, but when they moved to Manhattan Beach on the West side, I guess to take advantage of the customer depth, I just can't stand going there.  They turned it into Trader Joe's for all the beautiful people...  And like Tortoise, they don't have much I want or need anymore anyways.  Now I just save my gas and stress and if I really think I want something there I put it off long enough to either forget about it, or find it or a substitution somewhere else.  I used to like some of their products too, but it seems for a lot of years now they are just playing copy-cat and doing cheap knock offs on higher quality products.