[pct-l] Questions

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Thu Feb 4 07:13:34 CST 2010

This morning, some of your site links aren't working,  such as FAQ; I'm
having no problems with any other sites.

1. I find no "what's in the box info", so ... what is?  Where are photos of
"what's in the box'?
2. Do you offer insurance for loss or breakage of the  device? Otherwise,
the "lifetime service" offered by Amazon.com only applies  to one's first
device, and is a false claim.
    2a. What is the cost of a  replacement device? Will you ship a
replacement device immediately, to minimize  a customer's inconvenience, such as a
backpacker only in a resupply town  for a day - who can't necessarily send in
a bad device while hiking and  wait another week or 2 for a replacement in
a different town, that  changes every week.
3. I find no info about availability and cost of extra  batteries.
4. Can the "seeking a signal" function be turned off to  extend battery
life? easily?
5. On amazon.com and costco.com there is a wide swath of  negative
feedback, from bad devices to flimsy devices to bad email service to  bad customer
service. Please comment on those 4 general areas, as to what's been  done to
addresses these concerns.

6. Please respond to the above 3 "Copy" To addresses  also; they represent
a few hundred long distance backpackers on 3 long US  trails: Appalachian,
Pacific Crest, and Continental Divide Trails.

Thanks,
Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen, and...
Naturalized Citizen - Republic  of Texas