[pct-l] Fit for a thru-hike?

ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com ned at pacificcrestcustombuilders.com
Thu Feb 4 14:07:23 CST 2010

Paul,

Your math is good, but presumes an average start date. What if hikers start
"early?" Wouldn't they, then, have more time to go slower at first, speeding
up to their own desired daily mileage to pull in before the snow flies in
Manning as they get stronger?

Ned Tibbits, Director
Mountain Education
South Lake Tahoe, Ca.