[pct-l] Washington re-route(s)

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 20:01:55 CST 2010

I have to snicker about the Suiattle log. It's been there for a few years
now and I haven't heard of anyone falling into the river. It reminds you to
respect Mother Nature. Now Agnus Creek with out the new bridge was really
dangerous. We had a little gal loose her step and fall into the river and
get swept down stream. The only thing that saved her butt was her pack
hooking on a tree limb. River was so swift that she lost her shorts. Her boy
friend was able to pull her from the water. It's not a piece of cake up
here. Each new winter brings new damage to the area. You can say that you've
hiked it before but it may not be in the same condition now as it was then.
You may have very little snow or you may get shut down because of 10 feet of
new early snow.

PCT MOM