[pct-l] RE Washington Re-route

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sat Feb 6 10:35:54 CST 2010

Hey Diane, You met Mr Zip! Back in 2006 I was up on the PCT near Wilma Lake (section I California) on a ten day hike of my own. I was resting in the brilliant sunlight next to the reed bound lake when along came Mr.Zip. We talked for over an hour. I remember he never sat down or took off his pack. He told me lots about Southern California how he and another hiker named Princess ran out of water and finally began to pray. He said just after that they found a single water bottle. The water was hot enough to burn his lip but he said it was the best water he ever tasted! That conversation was in part responsible for firing my imagination back up about hiking the PCT.. Now I have! Thanks Mr ZIp!
Anyhow, I heard SO much about how scary and hard the Glacier Peak section would be. But just like every other "scare" story it evaporated and succumbed to the careful and dedicated footsteps of thru-hikers "on a mission"
I loved Glacier Peak even with the rain and snow flurries.
Take Heart class of 2010. Go Though!
-Iceaxe
Sent on the go from my Peek