[pct-l] planning question

Marion Davison mardav at charter.net
Sun Feb 7 14:02:14 CST 2010

Meridith Rosendahl wrote:
>> Ashland has a great food coop with bulk bins, but
> that's the only one I'm aware of.
>
> If you're fortunate enough to hit a town with a Winco supermarket in northern CA, Oregon, or Washington (most are far from the trail) they have an amazing number of bulk bins with everything from trail mix to dog food and everything in between.
>
> Piper's Mom

Winco's are proliferating in SoCal also.  We have two in the high
desert, one in Victorville and another in Apple Valley.  The Apple
Valley store is within reach of the PCT if you leave the trail at the
hiway 173 crossing (Section C map 13). You could reach the Victorville
store if you catch a ride from Cajon Pass and take the 15 freeway north
and get off at Roy Rogers and go west one mile.   Winco's bulk food
section is pretty fantastic.  I no longer have to make trips to Loma
Linda to buy bulk food.
Marion