[pct-l] Steripen Classic & digital scales

Trekker4 at aol.com Trekker4 at aol.com
Mon Feb 8 09:52:46 CST 2010

On one of the lists above someone said their Steripen Classic  weighed 11
oz. Mine weighs 6 oz, with lithium batteries, including the qt  zip bag I
keep it in. Don't waste your money, or your back; always buy lithium
batteries: 1-2 months in a Steripen, all hiking season in a Pocketmail (used a  lot),
at least 10 tapes on slow speed in a microcorder, a month in a headlamp,
etc, etc.

On a New Year's trip to the Dallas area, I made my annual visit to the Ikea
 store. They have a 6.5 lb max, round platform, digital scale for $25. It
weighs grams or ounces, to the closest .25 oz for the latter. That 6 oz
weight above came from the digital scale, slightly less weight than I was
getting from my old 1 lb &  20 lb mechanical scales. If you've priced  digital
scales at O Max, O Depot, or O Staples - even online - you know they  aren't
that inexpensive.

Bob  "Trekker"
Big Bend Desert Denizen, and...
Naturalized Citizen - Republic  of Texas