[pct-l] tent stakes (tarp stakes, too)

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Feb 9 08:33:53 CST 2010

I bought the titanium stakes with my tent from Gossamer Gear. Turned
out they worked fine for the four corners but I needed something
beefier for the front and back ends. I ended up finding stakes on the
trail. One was a very light, large aluminum hook. I use that for the
back. The other was a large Y-shaped straight stake that I use for
the front. I also found a smaller X shaped stake but I haven't used
it. Carried it for backup. I only carried one extra stake for backup.