[pct-l] Printing Halfmile's Maps

Halfmile list at lon.net
Tue Feb 9 10:22:51 CST 2010

A few weeks back, color printing options for my free maps from
www.pctmap.net was discussed on the PCT-L. In a private email someone
suggested I contact a company called Lazerquick (www.lazerquick.com),
which I did. Lazerquick printed a test of California Section A for me
and the print quality is excellent, much better than my printer at
home or any of the many laser printers at work.

The prices seem reasonable considering the quality. Lazerquick's price
is $75 (plus Shipping) for 2-sided color printing of all my maps the
PCT. This is less than lulu.com, which was also came up in the PCT-L
discussion. They offer discounts for quantities of 10 or 20 if enough
hikers wanted to go in together do a group order.

The Lazerquick I have been dealing with is in Portland Oregon. The
email is center48 at lazerquick.com; the phone number is 503-228-6306.
Ask them about "Halfmile's PCT Maps" and they should know what you are
talking about. They have copies of my map files there, so all you
would need to do is email or call them to work out any printing you
want done.

When I sent the files to Lazerquick I merged my PCT maps into three .pdf files:

Southern California - 152 pages (Campo to Tuolumne Meadows)
Northern California - 129 pages (Tuolumne Meadows to near Ashland Oregon)
Oregon/Washington - 177 page (near Ashland Oregon to Manning Park Canada)

A few blank pages have been inserted into these files so that PCT
sections always start on a new page and horizontal pages are rotated
appropriately depending of if they are odd or even.

If you do decide to use Lazerquick's services it's between you and
them, I make no money from this referral. I am just passing this
information on as an option and hope it helps someone, I know printing
450 pages of maps can be a chore, especially if you don't have a good
printer.

-Halfmile