[pct-l] Umbrellas

Diane at Santa Barbara Hikes dot com diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Feb 9 18:21:20 CST 2010

I loved my umbrella until I got to Washington. The wetness in
Washington only fractionally comes from above. Mostly it comes from
below. I was wet from head to toe with wet plants slapping me in the
face and having to push my way through wet leaves and plants taller
than me. The brush encroaches on the trail mercilessly. You'll at the
very least be completely drenched from the thigh or knee down for
days on end. I couldn't tell the difference between wet legs and wet
rain pants. It all just feels wet to me.