[pct-l] Start Date

Dave Potter davepotter at webmail1.co.uk
Wed Feb 10 11:41:38 CST 2010

Hi

I am a resident of the UK. I have four months free from June 1st 2010 and am planning to hike the PCT from Tuolumne to Manning. I am an experienced long distance hiker (walker as we would say over here in the UK!) and have done plenty of homework on the PCT.

Would any of the experienced PCT hikers out there care to advise on;

  a.. a suitable start date from Tuolumne from 1st June onwards, and
  b.. anything specifically I should take into account as a consequence of starting at this point rather than from Campo?
  c.. whether there are better sections of the trail and places to start and end which could be accomplished within the four months I have, bearing in mind I need to have reasonably accessible starting and finishing points?
Many thanks
Dave