[pct-l] PLB

Ken Powers ken at gottawalk.com
Wed Feb 10 16:07:03 CST 2010

Back in the olden days (2002) we agreed to carry a PocketMail so we could
communicate our status on the CDT to our aging mothers. They probably didn't
realize how few phones we would find. Now we are looking for a better device
for journaling. We tried a cell phone on the Idaho Centennial Trail. It had
to many limitations, but it was usable as a phone in some of the 4 towns we
went through.

Last week we gave a presentation at the local Rotary Club on our Idaho
Centennial Trail hike. A policeman attendee stopped us after the show and
strongly encouraged us to carry a Spot device. He thought it made search and
rescue a lot easier. He also asked about our boots -- I pointed to my trail
runners ;)

Ken
www GottaWalk com