[pct-l] GPS vs PLB

Halfmile list at lon.net
Wed Feb 10 16:24:12 CST 2010

Psycho,
I am sure you will get lot's of comments to your question. I'm going
to pass on the debate, but if you do end up with a GPS, I have a bunch
of data you can load into it at www.pctmap.net. As to GPS models, I
would recommend almost any Garmin unit that has a microSD memory card
such as the Vista HCx or Dakota 20. You will also want to purchase
Garmin Maps and a memory card for the GPS.
-Halfmile