[pct-l] Shipping from Canada

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 19:26:40 CST 2010

You may consider buying food along the way, and sending food (from the U.S.)
to the towns where buying food is expensive.

Say you're hiking from a town with inexpensive food to a town where
everything is super expensive:
So you'd buy some food for your next section (say, 4 days worth of food) and
put it in your pack.  Then you buy another 4 days worth of food, put it in a
free USPS box and mail it to the expensive town.

You get to the expensive town, receive your box, remove the supplies, and
hike out to the next town.

With good planning, you can pull it off.  But you'll need to know which
towns have inexpensive food available, and which ones don't.

Lucky for you, I've thought of that already, done all the research, and made
it readily accessible here:

http://www.planyourhike.com/planning/resupplypoints.html

If a resupply point has inexpensive food available, the above list will
mention it.
At each town with inexpensive food, you'll need to plan how you'll get from
there to the *next* town with inexpensive food.
It's a bit of extra work.

I think that might be your cheapest option... but for more info on resupply
strategies:
http://www.planyourhike.com/planning/resupply.html

I hope it helps.  Good luck!

-Austin