[pct-l] Into the Wild

Ken Murray kmurray at pol.net
Fri Feb 12 19:23:05 CST 2010

"He might have been a Pulitzer Prize finalist, but he's still a slimeball for
trashing Anatoli Boukreev in his book. That's probably what Stephen is
referring to."

Gosh, I wonder why the Mountain Guide Community and the 5 people I've personally talked to who were on the mountain that day, seem to think that Boukreev's abandoning his clients in trouble in a storm on Everest is somewhat professionally problematic.  The truth is painful, sometimes.  Trash is a higher opinion than what those folks think.