[pct-l] transmitterds in passports and licences.

Dan Zan dan2001 at live.ca
Fri Feb 12 19:55:05 CST 2010

At first I was under the impression that passports and Manitoban enhanced licences had them. Canadian passports do not yet( pretty sure, might be wrong), enhanced licences do(http://www.mpi.mb.ca/EIC/Guide/RFIDChip.html), which very few people have because of their failure to be recognised, so I am in the clear.

I do understand the limitations of RFID, I understand no one is watching me. The only concern I have is the fact that if my documentation had a RFID (which I now know it doesn't), then when I cross back into Canada, a red flag would be raised, and then I don't know what would happen. Probably nothing. The border crossings have become very serious, and it's just something I want to have planned out before I go.

I made it sound like more of a problem than it is, but I am just truly concerned about not being able to cross the border on the trail.