[pct-l] hammer your passport.think again.

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Fri Feb 12 22:55:13 CST 2010

Its a wonderful thought, but the reality would be depressing.
To be accepted at US and Canadian border crossing, all passports MUST be
machine
readable, or it's not valid. this is to follow the new homeland security act of
the USA.
I had to replace my Canadian passport before being allowed to cross the border,
because mine didnt have the required rfid chips.
These chips aren't to follow you, or to make you track-able. they make the
passport forgery proof, and it carries your picture and info that is printed on
the passport.
when its interrogated by a scanner, the photo and info come up on a screen to
match the passport user.
It speeds up border crossing and protects your identity.
period.
I have a similar chip and a two inch wide magnetic strip on my USA green card.
passports are not a right, they are a privilege, which  can be revoked by your
respective govt. courts etc. at any time.
I have a key fob that opens my door and turns on lights, heat, plays music etc.
when I come home.
I own a spot 1 and 2, aprs vehicle tracking system, ham radio, gps, and
satellite linked.
I use technology, it doesn't use me. These things make my life easier.
Of course, I'm a electronics tech geek. I love it.
some don't, thats ok.

canoeman

david said;
If you don't like the Idea of an RFID tag in your passport or license there
is an easy way to remedy it.

Step 1 - Find a hammer.

Step 2 - Place Document on firm flat surface

Step 3 -  Hit document with hammer -  all over

Next time you use your document the authorities will assume the electronics
just died on their own - as that happens a fair amount.

Happy Hammering -  Day-Late