[pct-l] trail clothing

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Sat Feb 13 11:35:48 CST 2010

On Feb 13, 2010, at 11:27 AM, Kimberlie Dame wrote:
>> Would love to start a thread of people sharing their clothing systems for
>> the trail. I can't seem to decide on what to take (for example: soft shell
>> coat + down vest + rain poncho or down coat + rain jacket or ????? ,  wool
>> baselayers + nylon pants  or leopard print cami + faux fur miniskirt  or ???

Silnylon poncho -
http://www.integraldesigns.com/product_detail.cfm?id=728 (I sweat a lot
so a poncho keeps me dryer than any kind          of rain jacket does)
Sun hat - http://www.quickhats.com/ah-cream-sand.html
balaclava or watchcap - windproof
Nylon billed cap -
http://www.wcfanshop.com/servlet/the-783/Nylon-Mesh-Outdoor-Triathlon/Detail
Running shorts - two pair, with mesh briefs
Socks - 4 pair, ankle high, really tight, what's on sale usually wigwam
or thorlo
Vest - Permaloft vest with decent amount of insulation
Gloves - lightweight/windproof fleece
Shirt - http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___13589
Windshirt - anorak style, 5 oz or less
Polymesh sleeveless shirt
Long underwear - mid-weight top (used for sleeping and edgy - wet/cold -
hiking)
Long underwear - heavyweight bottoms (used for sleeping and postholing
through snow)
New Balance 812 shoes, 14EEEE

Pants - I don't carry pants
Early season or Washington anytime I add a permaloft long sleeved jacket

My experience with softshell is that it isn't windproof or waterproof
enough, and it's heavy...

Jeffrey Olson
Martin, SD