[pct-l] Southbound Questions

Austin Williams austinwilliams123 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 22:25:33 CST 2010

The "enryption" is more like "encoding".  If you came to my house and stood
next to my compter desk I could read the info off your passport (and any
RFID access badge you may have in your pocket).  It's not that hard.

Pretty cheap too.  There was a guy a conference recently that had a portable
(fit in his backpack) RFID reader and writer.  His "trick" was to walk
around, grab the info off someone's access badge, then "write" the person's
info to a blank RFID.  Then he'd impress the people by using his own badge
to open doors using the other person's credentials.

It was a computer security conference, so it wet over well.  Any other venue
and he would have been arrested.  :)

Makes ya think huh?