[pct-l] Trail clothing...."Switchback's hiking wardrobe is the best"

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Feb 14 00:01:15 CST 2010

Kimberlie,
I like Switchback's hiking wardrobe the best!!!
He looks so sexy wearing his black lingerie and fuzzy pink camp slippers.

JMT Reinhold
-------------------------

On Feb 13, 2010, at 11:27 AM, Kimberlie Dame wrote:
>/ Would love to start a thread of people sharing their clothing systems for
/>/ the trail. I can't seem to decide on what to take (for example: soft shell
/>/ coat + down vest + rain poncho or down coat + rain jacket or ????? ,  wool
/>/ baselayers + nylon pants  or leopard print cami + faux fur miniskirt  or ???
/>/ )
/
Rain Jacket (O2 Railshield)
Marmot Dri-Clime Jacket
long-sleeve wicking shirt
short-sleeve wicking tee
long-underwear tops

Rain Pants (O2 Railshield)
long hiking pants (convertible to shorts)
long-underwear pants
ex-officio boxer briefs

light running shorts (sleeping/laundry time)
balaclava
fleece gloves
3 pairs of socks

I generally don't hike in the long-underwear keeping
it clean and dry for camp/sleeping/emergency. Same
with one pair of socks.

I added a lightweight fleece layer for the Sierra--
I've had several nights in the low 20s, high teens
in June in the Sierra.

I've considered a down jacket several times but I
think it isn't as useful as fleece because it really
can only be used in camp in good weather.  It isn't
going to be helpful in wet weather or while hiking.

Radar