[pct-l] Food

Kathryn Zimmerman thebaglady07 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 11:38:29 CST 2010

Dave,
I have friends who hiked the AT and they soaked their food - no stove - and
loved it.  But it was a simple menu:  oatmeal soaked all night for breakfast
(with dried fruit and nuts) and rice soaked 1/2 the day for dinner (with
tuna or chicken and seasoned salt).  They got their variety in town.

I tried it on a Grand Canyon hike and found I need variety and good tasting
food.   This didn't do it for me.

Bag Lady

--
- Kathryn