[pct-l] food

hetchhetchyman at aol.com hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Mon Feb 15 19:28:47 CST 2010

"It works miserably with noodles. They turn into a clump of starch mess. When
I use a gas stove I use lots of Lipton noodles with dried meat. When I more
frequently use an alcohol stove I switch to ramen and couscous. I can't seem
to cook noodles on an alcohol stove - suggestions welcome."

I can suggest Chow Mein Noodles.  I found them in the "international" food sections of many grocery stores along the trail. These are the white angel hair pasta style noodles. The are super quick to cook and can be spiced to any flavor you desire. Most have only a few ingredients, not a bunch of chemicals like typical Ramen. The package suggests cooking and rinsing them but I just put 'em in the pot & brought a few cups of water to boil and I was eating noodles in under 10 minutes. I used an alcohol stove for these.