[pct-l] Stream Crossing Footwear

Eugene atetuna at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 16 00:59:57 CST 2010

I fully agree with MtnNed...again.

A few years ago I slipped and slashed my foot when my foot slipped and fell between some rocks, even though I was slowly sliding on my butt into the water.  As careful as I thought I was being, I still have a scar on my heel to prove that being barefoot wasn't being careful enough.

While the creeks on the PCT may not be as slimy the river I cut my foot on in Alabama, I'm not taking the risk that far away from help, and not when I need healthy feet to facilitate big miles after the Sierras.  One lesson was enough to put in nothing less than sneakers whenever I'm in freshwater ever since.

Eugene