[pct-l] peanut butter

Judy Gross heartfire at heartfiregowns.com
Tue Feb 16 09:17:31 CST 2010

The other issue with PB like Jiff, Skippy etc is it is full of artery
clogging trans fats.  It's not just 'partially hydrogenated oils', it is
FULLY hydrogenated oil.  This stuff is SO bad for you - and to think we all
grew up on it for school lunches every day.  Commercial PB like that will
never spoil!  Even the newer "all natural" PB (Skippy) is full of saturated
fats (palm oil).  Saturated fats are almost as bad as the hydrogenated fats.
The stuff you grind yourself in the stores is great.
Judy

one of these stores that actually has a nut grinder and grind your nut
butter fresh and in bulk straight into your saved containers. That way you
pay less than a prepackaged butter would cost, you save the wasted jars, and
you get nothing in your butter but the nuts themselves. I grew up on this
stuff and have a really hard time enjoying JIF and its fellows because of
it. I've also found that the squeezable chocolate syrup bottles make for
good containers if the butter isn't too stiff. Another spread I haven't seen
mentioned on the list that I love to take<<<<<