[pct-l] Stream Crossing Footwear & Goretex

Judy Gross heartfire at heartfiregowns.com
Tue Feb 16 13:25:58 CST 2010

Feet sweat in shoes, and, esp. in gortex lined shoes which don't breath
well.  The shoes get wet on the inside and won't dry out. I had one pair of
hiking shoes with gortex  never again.  I go through stream with my shoes
on, I've never had a problem with blisters forming when they are wet.
Judy

>> why do we want a Goretex membrane in a shoe that is so low that splashed
puddle water will soak socks and the water will stay in the shoe? And if the
idea is to keep your feet dry when hiking over snow daily, why are past
thrus saying that their feet are always wet? Are their trail runners too
low, the Gore membranes not working right, or the splash from mud and
puddles, the drip from trail-side bushes, and snow from constant post-holing
soaking the shoes and socks? Maybe their gaitors are too low or not working
well, either...<<