[pct-l] Continuous hike - Idyllwild

Erik The Black erik at eriktheblack.com
Wed Feb 17 15:21:10 CST 2010

It's risky. Highway 74 is OK, but Highway 243 (which you have to take to
Idyllwild and Black Mtn Rd) is a twisty mountain highway with blind curves
and no shoulder in places. I would be worried about getting hit by a car.

I'm planning on starting in mid-April myself, but luckily I live nearby so I
figure if there is still a bunch of snow I can go hang out at home for a few
weeks and wait for it to melt off before continuing.

If I didn't have that option I probably wouldn't plan to start from Campo
until May this year.

But everything could change in the next two months. We might get a bunch of
warm weather and be all clear by the time we get there (fingers crossed).

Happy trails,
Erik the Black

Pacific Crest Trail Atlas:
http://www.blackwoodspress.com/pct/atlas/