[pct-l] Continuous hike - Idyllwild

Halfmile list at lon.net
Wed Feb 17 16:15:36 CST 2010

JJ,
Back in 2008 the Apache fire shut down the PCT at Hwy 74 south of
Idyllwild. In discussion on the PCT-L an alternate route was suggested
and I created a map of it. The old map is still on my server here:
http://www.pctmap.net/pctdownloads/sanjac_detour_map.zip
Disco and P.O.D. hiked this alternate and reported back to the PCT-L
(see below).

My free PCT Section B map at www.pctmap.net includes  several pages of
alternates (Mt. San Jacinto,  Palm Springs Tram, Hwy 243/Black
Mountain Rd) although not the one suggested back in 2008.

-Halfmile