[pct-l] Poison Oak

Nathan Miller erccmacfitheal at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 19 13:48:54 CST 2010

There's a gauntlet of it in the vicinity of Fern Spring just north of Seiad Valley and for at least a mile north of there.  In fact, just below the spring, I had to do one of those spy movie laser beam routines to keep from touching it!  From the time I first spotted it until I didn't see it any more, I found myself devoting a fair amount of mental effort to poison-oak vigilance.

I saw a little bit of it on the lower couple of miles of the Eagle Creek Trail near the Columbia Gorge, but it wasn't a problem there.  I almost would have had to intentionally touched it.

-Nate the Trail Zombie

No map shows everything.