[pct-l] Favorite Trail Shakes

Matthew Edwards hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Sat Feb 20 10:55:11 CST 2010

Hi, Everyone!
I just wondered how many folks like me had a special trail shake recipe. I used shakes instead of coffee in the AM and as a reward for reaching some knarly summit.
My favorite was an Aqua Fina Bottle 3/4 full of spring water, a packet of Carnation Instant Breakfast, and a little packet of instant Iced Coffee mix. Just shook it up and drank! No stove required so I was ablto be up and on trail before the sun yet still have a treat for the moment the first rays hit the peaks. :)
I can also recommend Instant Pudding Mix
(Banana, Of Course!) in small quantities to spice up the breakfast drink. Just don,t put too much in... Trust me on that one, I ended up with a water bottle full of Banana pudding, which despite the large mouth bottle, was irretrieveable. LOL!
What was youre Favorite trail drink?
Cheers my Friends!-Iceaxe
Sent on the Go with my Peek