[pct-l] Favorite Trail Shakes

jason moores jmmoores at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 20 11:46:00 CST 2010

From: jmmoores at hotmail.com
To: hetchhetchyman at aol.com
Subject: RE: [pct-l] Favorite Trail Shakes
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:44:46 -0700

Iceaxe,

Melissa and I have been using coffee-shakes for breakfast on hikes for several years now.  Last year on the trail we "mixed" it up from time to time; chocolate, vanilla, strawberry. We also switched back and forth between Carnation and protein mixes like Myoplex, which has both whey and milk protein. Nido whole milk powder is an excellent addition to the mix. Some times we also added a little fiber powder to boost the nutrition.

You can find small jars of freeze dried espresso on the shelf at larger grocery stores. The finer granules dissolve better than say Folgers, which takes about an hour to really dissolve.

We'll have to try "Pudding Shakes" on the trail this year, it sounds...delicious.

Jason