[pct-l] gluten-free hike

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 16:55:01 CST 2010

A side note,

I'm not on a gluten restricted diet, but I use corn tortillas a lot when
backpacking. Usually fresh.
But sometimes I slice up a package or two into narrow strips and then
dehydrate.
That way they weigh a little less and have a VERY long shelf life.

I often use these strips instead of pasta.
Combine with cheese, tomato leather(or powder) and spices in a freezer bag.
Add a little boiling water and let sit for 30 minutes and you have quick
enchiladas.

Use instead of hominy  for backpacker pazole type soup.

stevie

--
If you look good and dress well, you don't need a purpose in life.
               -- Robert Pante, fashion consultant