[pct-l] gluten-free hike

Steve McAllister brooklynkayak at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 17:35:44 CST 2010

Hi Diane,

"I wonder if it's possible to carry masa and make corn tortillas from
scratch."

It is very hard making tortillas with backpacking gear. Tortillas really
need a thick skillet or they get scorched.

You could use masa to make backpacking tamales by steaming the masa and
filling wrapped in some type of paper or corn husk inside a backpacking pot.

stevie

P.S. I really liked "Piper's Flight"

--
If you look good and dress well, you don't need a purpose in life.
               -- Robert Pante, fashion consultant