[pct-l] More complete water report.

Joe McDougall long4trails at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 03:25:01 CST 2010

I wish to provide a more complete water report my 2/20 and 2/21 hike.

Barrel Spring - water at source and in concrete trough
San Ysidro Creek - good surface flow at PCT
Cañada Verde - good surface flow up to mile 109, then disappears
Highway 79 - wide shallow surface flows
Agua Caliente Creek - rapid flow, with many careful creek crossings

Also, since it had been raining off and on all day (with patches of snow), there was quite a bit of surface flow over the PCT and between granite boulders around mile 124 and 125.

Regards,
Joe