[pct-l] Sleeping Bag Advice for the Sierra

Jeremy Caves jeremy.caves at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 06:28:40 CST 2010

Hello y'all,

I'm hiking the PCT with two friends, and one of my friends is looking
for a new sleeping bag.  I sleep very cold, so I generally carry a
sleeping bag rated to a lower temperature than most people would carry.
Thus, I thought I query this listserve to see what you guys thought was
a good sleeping bag rating for the Sierras (we'll be there mid June into
July).  Also, what are your thoughts on down vs. synthetic?  I've owned
a down for a long-time now, so I'm not sure if synthetics are now as
good (weight and temperature-wise) as down bags.

Thanks for any advice you guys have!
Jeremy