[pct-l] Backpacks

Joshua M jtmlite at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 11:24:45 CST 2010

One thing that I struggle with is weight vs ease of use.
I used a granite gear pack and loved it, the vapor trail.  Weight was good
and until then end it could carry my growing food supply.
After 2-3 months I started to get sick of unpacking my whole pack to get
stuff at lunch time.  I got good at packing to avoid this but sometimes it
just didn't work out like I wanted to.

With that said if you are willing to carry the extra couple gram's go with
the nimbus, it has zippers down that back that might make life a whole lot
easier.  If not, the vapor is the best bang for the buck, lightweight and
very well made.

But like everyone else has beaten into you try them out, see if they will
hold your gear and try them out again. I was very lucky, I got my pack via
mail and loved it... I don't think that happens too often though.

Good luck and happy hiking.
OD