[pct-l] Maps

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Thu Feb 25 18:05:45 CST 2010

The most frequently used ones seem to be the b & w in the guidebooks, Halfmile's downloadable USGS quads at pctmap.net, and Eric the Black's PCT Atlases.  All have advantage s and disadv.

The Atlas is already printed and bound (into 5 separate books for various sections) ; just order and pay.  Check them out at pctatlas.com.  He'll let you download and print a sample; note that Eric includes a lot of additional info besides just maps.

Halfmile's maps can be downloaded and printed on your own printer (takes a long time and you pay for the paper and ink).  If you have an inkjet printer, the prints are easily smudged when wet.  HM has arranged for Lazerquick print shop in Portland, OR to laserprint the entire set.  Costs about $75 + shipping (for me in TN shipping was $15).  LQ's phone is 503-228-6306.

Good luck.

Mango

" halfmile maps are the best in my opinion...all u need is his maps and the Yogi book and ur set up perfectly!"

patti Sugar Moma PCT 09!
www.hikestrong2010.com hiking again in 2010 for cancer!