[pct-l] 2011 posible hike gear thoughts

Ray ray7555253 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 26 19:16:09 CST 2010

Thanks for responses so far. I will be hiking solo so I have a lot of
planning to do.  I have a lot of gear I already use in northern Idaho,
please give any thoughts on gear I am thinking about using.  Either a
jetboil or a homemade alcohol stove the size of a hockey puck ( I used it in
December camping in craters of moon national park, worked o.k.  in afternoon
at 30 +/- degree F but morning was a pain to light since it was around 10
+/- degree F) .  A snowshoe 0 degree bag all the way since it should cover
whatever Mother Nature hits me with.  Tent is still up in the air, but like
sleeping bag gonna plan for the worst.  Gonna just start out with bear
canister since it is water and rodent proof also.  Two 2L platypus water
bags, one 90 oz camelback, one nalgeen btl for tea/mixed drinks, will keep
all full in desert but less in Oregon and Washington based on river and
stream Qty.  A Sweetwater filter with extra sterilize drops.  Deuter
ACT-Lite 65+10 pack.  Thermarest Prolite sleeping pad.  Not sure if I am
going to mail food or shop along way, luckily I am not picky and will eat
anything. Clothing currently planned will be: REI 100% polyester long
underwear & top, wool socks, REI fleece jacket, Northface rain jacket, wool
cap, light waterproof hunting gloves, Avalanche snow pants (light, very warn
and waterproof), cargo pants, long sleeve wool shirt, currently testing 2
pairs of HiTec Outlander low top boots to see how they hold up this summer.
I look forward to any comments anyone would care to give.  Thanks