[pct-l] Post PCT

David Thibault dthibaul07 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 14:26:48 CST 2010

I had some post trail foot problems (pain) after the AT, the pain started
after I stopping hiking and was worse then while hiking.  It lasted for
several months, this did not reoccur after hiking the PCT.

Like Ice Axe said below, I tell people the biggest risk most people face
while thru hiking is the addiction.  I get off the trail and within a month
or two I start thinking about how I can do another long distance trip -
makes it hard to maintain a "normal" life, whatever that is.  Your family,
friends, boss, etc just won't understand.

This addiction doesn't happen to all who hike - but I've met many out there
(and a few on this forum).  So be forewarned - before you take that first
step at Campo, this could become a problem.

As someone pointed out last year -  there is a 5 million step recovery
program - unfortunately symptoms seem to reappear and require that the
program be restarted each spring.

Day-Late