[pct-l] Hiking Poles

Len Glassner len5742 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 16:04:49 CST 2010

Three times I was on a plane with gear last year.  Purchased a mailing
tube, put my poles and knife in there, checked it through and carried
the pack onboard.  Never considered my tent stakes, but wasn't stopped
for having them.  (I don't use a stove.)  I may have paid extra for
the second checked item.

On smaller aircraft, the pack wouldn't fit in overhead carry-on
storage, but there was a separate check outside the plane where you
could tag stuff to be stored below without a charge.