[pct-l] Iodine as water treatment?

ruffwork ruffwork at ruffwork.com
Sun Feb 28 22:48:10 CST 2010

You might want to read the wiki page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_water_purification
as it covers lots of stuff about water filtering.  I have used Iodine (back in the 1980's), chlorine dioxide,
and filtering.  I prefer filtering (Iodine tastes really bad and chlorine dioxide takes too long).
Last year I used a Frontier Pro filter (it goes on your H2O bottle and you suck the water thru the filter),
but the water flow is really slow (and I hate working for water when it's 100+ outside ;-).
This year I take Micropur as a backup to my filter (MSR HyperFlow).

ruffwork
The road goes ever on and on...