[pct-l] FreezerBag Cooking/ Resupply strategies

J J at Ridge Trail jj at ridgetrailhiker.com
Sat Jan 2 15:11:14 CST 2010

Greetings,

I think "not definitive" rather than "misleading" might be better. I searched for more specific information about putting boiling water in a bag, rather than putting a bag in boiling water. I did not find it. The link I included was the closest I could find. The information was not definitive, but informative.

It was not meant to be the final point made in the discussion. I think that freezer bag cooking has a lot going for it. Except for putting boiling water in a plastic bag. But my conclusion is based on less than the final word. We approach this from different perspectives, I think. Unless I find information indicating safety, I'll stay away from it. Others will continue to put boiling water in a plastic bag until they learn it is unsafe. And still others will not care one way or another.

Walk well,
Jim Keener ( J J )

jj at ridgetrailhiker.com
http://ridgetrailhiker.com