[pct-l] Tahoe Rim trail and Wonderland trail

Cosmic Cat cosmic.cat144 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 12:37:37 CST 2010

The Wonderland Trail is not too difficult to get on in September. I did a
walk-in in 2008. They seem to hold a good chunk of campsites open for
walk-ins. Basically, I showed up at a ranger station and figured out what
would work. The first one or two nights are the hardest to get right and you
may have to hitch to a different section of the park to start.

The terrain is comparable to the high sierras in terms of difficulty. Expect
daily mileage in the low 20s, ~4.5 days of walking.

To get there, your best bet would be to hitch to White River from Chinook
Pass.

Goodness