[pct-l] A backpackers best friend

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sat Jan 2 23:47:36 CST 2010

Hi gang,
The following story and pictures demonstrate the versatility and
multi-use of duct tape and
are undeniable, undisputable proof that duct tape is a backpackers best
friend.
I know some of you  will say a "hiker babe" is a backpacker's best friend.
But duct tape can do so many more things for you that a "hiker babe"
could never do.
Don't get me wrong, "hiker babes" come in handy, but they are not
multi-use like duct tape.

I feel  "so" contend in my UL sleeping bag with a roll of duct tape at
my side.

Well, got to go now, I'm off to the Sierra for another week of skiing.
There is nothing like a week of skiing to make those legs all rubbery.
Hopefully, by the end of the ski season and by the beginning of the
hiking season,
all that rubber will be converted into solid steel.

JMT Reinhold
Your duct tape loving trail companion

                                       > During a private "fly-in"
fishing excursion in the Alaskan wilderness,