[pct-l] Gluten free resupply

Paul Mitchell bluebrain at bluebrain.ca
Tue Jan 5 20:57:14 CST 2010

Hi Diane

Thanks for the suggestion and detailed info on some of the resupply points.
I used this bounce-box technique in past PCT hikes & on the second hike I
decided it didn't work for me.  The combination of mixing specialty items
from a bounce box, getting the bounce box repackaged and shipped out and
shopping for the rest felt like it maximized my chore times in town - the
only plus being some improved food in my pack.  With some hindsight I feel
now that I want either one or the other - the convenience of getting 100%
(or as close as possible) of my resupply in a package at the PO,
transferring it to my food bag and moving on ... or the total freedom of
supplying on the fly with no visits to the post office.  I just found the
bounce box gobbled up way to much of my zero days.

Thanks though - it's a good suggestion and if you don't mind the time it
takes, it could be a "best of both" scenario.

Cheers,
P178