[pct-l] Esbit stove

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 6 11:53:26 CST 2010

Esbit stove is a wonderful stove for solo use.

But, you will be tied into the PO for fuel purposes.(I try to avoid
having to mail out supplies when I can.) And it is slower than
other stoves. Plus fuel is somewhat pricey.

That's not a bad thing, just a trade off like *ALL* stoves.

There is no best gear...just what is best for your needs.

I now do a NO STOVE on longer hikes.

Take an alchy stove for a quick over nighter.

Canister stove for when I am doing more camping than hiking.

It's all good. :)

--Thoreau
http://www.pmags.com
http://www.redbubble.com/people/pmags/