[pct-l] esbit stoves

Jay Davis jayd215 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 12:13:46 CST 2010

i'd echo everyone else on esbits. i'm a dedicated user, but only for
solo hikes. you can't feed more than one person with it. and i carry
it on trips where i'm making really simple food where all i have to do
is boil water and add it to the food (ramen, freeze-dried stuff,
etc.). i can usually get about two cups of water heated to a boil per
tab, sometimes a little more in non-windy conditions. my esbit has
always served me fine, and i haven't had some of the troubles with
wind screens that others have reported.

esbits are a good choice for the right kind of situation.

cheers,

jay