[pct-l] wow thats a big camera

canoeman at qnet.com canoeman at qnet.com
Wed Jan 6 13:24:52 CST 2010

Wow that's a HUGE, beautiful camera. Wonder what it would look like at the
bottom of a stream.  2 to 3 pounds, bet its in a box home the first post office
you come to.
At 3 pounds, your carrying the equivalent of all of some hikers personal gear.
The trail is mean to big nice cameras.
I hiked with my Nikonos IV, it was heavy, but it was waterproof to 200 feet
under water and the camera body was bullet proof.
But that was in the early eighties when a 65 pound pack was the norm, and the
big nubuck mountaineering boots were the norm, and we wore jeans,  and carried
north face ve24 tents. heh. (and those mesh under shirts and short shorts)

canoeman

he said:
I'm slowly getting used to the idea that my camera gear (Panasonic
DMC-GF1) will be the single heaviest part of my pack (maybe 2-3 lb) and
significantly complicate my logistics, e.g. working with raw files and
non-standard batteries.

Tom (Bigfoot)