[pct-l] wow thats a big camera

Stephen Adams reddirt2 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 6 23:49:41 CST 2010

I don't know.  Ask yourself, what will I be doing with these images?  If you just want to document and get a few breath takers, post them on a blog or send to friends in email etc... anything over a couple megapixels is over kill, and some of these new small PAS digital cameras have outstanding optics, plenty of zoom, and with a good eye and a little passion, one can make some over the top stuff.  My older 4mgpxl Nikon Cool Pix is low end, and it makes images that can fill my 27" Mac monitor easily, and look great !  So, I repeat, how much do you really need?  If you want to use NDG, polarizers and or other filters and catch the magic light type shots you might really want the SLR, but it's way over kill for the other 95%, and all day, day in and day out, you have to carry it, monitor the batteries, and still wont have a tripod when you need it.