[pct-l] Printing Halfmile maps in color

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Thu Jan 7 11:39:15 CST 2010

On Jan 7, 2010, at 12:31 PM, J J at Ridge Trail wrote:
> I read the license agreement as well, since I use a process similar to Halfmile's. And I think it is more restrictive than what you imply. Intellectual property owners can be very aggressive in going after suspected infringement. And I think the most prudent thing to do is to respect the copyright and use the maps as suggested on Halfmile's site.
>
> As neither of us is a lawyer, and as lawyers themselves almost never agree, the issue is open to my and others' misunderstanding.

Yes, I also put in the "I'm not a lawyer" caveat.  It would seem though that with a restrictive view of the license terms it would be prohibited to purchase the TOPO software and to share the printing costs with a second person even though I could legally give them a copy that I printed.  Without purchasing the TOPO software, a restrictive view of the license would prevent me from even making a copy of a map that was given to me by the owner of the software.

Radar